Location: Lincoln County Hospital
The Infection Control Nurse will be responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of infectious diseases in our healthcare facility. This includes developing and implementing infection control policies and procedures, conducting surveillance activities, and educating staff and patients on infection control practices. The Infection Control Nurse will work closely with other healthcare professionals to ensure that high standards of infection prevention and control are maintained and that any risks to the safety and wellbeing of patients and staff are minimized.
-Develop, implement, and monitor infection control policies and procedures
-Participate in the development and implementation of training programs for healthcare staff
-Conduct surveillance activities to identify any potential sources of infection
-Monitor and review infection control practices to ensure compliance with relevant policies and standards
-Advise on the use of personal protective equipment for staff and visitors
-Monitor infection rates within the healthcare setting and report any trends
-Investigate any reported cases of infection and provide advice on prevention and control measures
-Respond to and manage any incidents of infection in accordance with established policies and procedures
-Liaise with public health authorities and other organizations in relation to infection control
– Adhere to HIPAA regulations and maintain patient confidentiality at all times
– Valid Kansas Registered nursing license
– Experience in acute care or hospital setting a plus
– Strong knowledge of physiology, microbiology, and epidemiology
– Proficient in patient monitoring techniques and interpreting results
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, families, and healthcare team members
– Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and work well in a team environment
– Attention to detail and strong organizational skills to ensure accurate documentation and timely completion of tasks
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Please submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications for consideration.
Job Type: Part-time
Ability to Relocate:
Work Location: In person